· Plant Induced Resistance against Pathogen
· Fungicide Toxicology
· Plant Fungal Interaction
· Indonesian Phytopathological Society
Undergraduate : Phytopathology, Fac. of Agriculture, Universitas Gadjah Mada Indonesia, 1999
Master : Phytopathology, Graduate School, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia, 2002
Doctoral : Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan, 2012
- Fundamental of Plant Protection (Undergraduate)
- Fundamental of Plant Pathology (Undergraduate)
- Management of Post Harvest Pest and Disease (Undergraduate)
- Seed Pathology (Undergraduate)
- Agricultural Pesticide (Undergraduate)
- Special Topic on Plant Pest and Disease (Undergraduate)
- Phytoalexin and Plant Resistance (Master)
- Post Harvest Pathology (Master)
- Scientific Writing on Plant Pathology (Master)
Research and Extension Interest:
- Plant Induced Resistance against Fungal Pathogen activating by heat shock treatment, beneficial microbes and chemicals.
- Study on pathogen – host interaction and management of Java Downy Mildew.
- Pathogens resistance against fungicide.
- Post Harvest Pathology of Fungal Pathogen especially on Colletotrichum , Lasiodiplodiaspp., and mycotoxigenic Fusarium spp.
- 2017 : JSPS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Japan (2017 – 2018)
- 2017 : NFP Fellowship as Coordinator of Refresher International Course UGM – CDI WUR in Yogyakarta (Oct, 2017)
- 2016: NFP Fellowship for International Short Course in Wageningen [CDI WUR], The Netherlands [May- June 2016]
- 2015: Winner of Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2015 by Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Japan.
- 2015: NFP Fellowship for International Short Course in Wageningen [CDI WUR], The Netherlands [June – July 2015]
- 2015: Best Presenter of ITSF Seminar, 10 March 2015, by Indonesian Toray Science Foundation – Japan
- 2013: Grantee of Research Grant by Indonesian Toray Science Foundation – Japan STRG 20 2013
- 2012: Grantee of Teaching Grant on Lecture Subject : Seed Pathology (Gadjah Mada University)
- 2007 & 2008: Grantee of Research for Junior Lecturer (Gadjah Mada University)
- 2007: Grantee of Teaching Grant on Lecture Subject: Monitoring Technique of Plant Pest and Disease : DUE-Like Project Gadjah Mada University
Scientific Article in journal
- Nikmatul ‘Azizah, Siwi Indarti, Ani Widiastuti, Y. Andi Trisyono. 2019. Detection and Development of Infestation Rate of Aphelenchoides besseyi on Various Rice Seed Varieties. Jurnal Perlindungan Tanaman Indonesia. 23 (2)
- Ratih Ineke Wati, Alia Bihrajihant Raya, Ani Widiastuti, Fatkhiyah Rohmah, Desi Utami. 2019. Potensi Wanita Dalam Mendukung Pemasaran Biji Kakao Untuk Mewujudkan Ketahanan Pangan Rumah Tangga (Studi Di Dusun Nglengkong, Desa Giripurwo, Kecamatan Girimulyo, Kabupaten Kulon Progo). Jurnal Ketahanan Nasional. 25 (2) : 253 – 276
- Tri Maryono, Ani Widiastuti, Rudi Hari Murti, Achmadi Priyatmojo. 2019. Identification and Characterization of the Causal Agent of Sugarcane Root and Basal Stem Rot in South Sumatra, Indonesia. Sugar Tech. 10.1007/s12355-019-00749-2
- Nur Akbar Arofatullah, Ani Widiastuti, Yufita Chinta, Tomoyuki Tobayashi, Sayuri Tanabata, & Tatsuo Sato. 2019. Prevention of Powdery Mildew Disease in Tomato Nursery by Improved Hot Water Spraying Device. Japanese Journal of Farm Work Research. 54 (1) : 15 – 23
- Yudha Pratama, Arif Wibowo, Ani Widiastuti, Siti Subandiyah, Sri Widinugraheni, & Martijn Rep. 2018. Evaluation of Some Specific Primer Sets Development for Detecting Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense Tropic Race 4 (Foc TR4) Originating from Indonesia. Jurnal Perlindungan Tanaman Indonesia 22(2).
- Muhammad Habibullah, Ani Widiastuti, Christanti Sumardiyono. 2018. Early Response of Maize Resistance to Peronosclerospora maydisand Chemical Induction. Jurnal PerlindJurnal Perlindungan Tanaman Indonesia 22(1)
- Songying ZHOU, Mioko YOSHINO, Keisuke MAEJIMA, Hiromitsu ODANI, Ani WIDIASTUTI, Isao YAMOTO, Mitsutake UNUMA, Hideyuki MISU, Yumi EGUCHI, Haruna KAMODA, Maki SHINOHARA, Tomofumi WATANABE and Tatsuo SATO. 2018. Yield and Quality of Tomato ( Solanum lycopersicum L.) Cultured in Bittern-Supplemented Hydroponic Solution. Japanese Journal of Farm Work Research: 53（2）:73～79
- Sato, T., H. Saito, K. Maejima, K. Kuba, Widiastuti, M. Yoshino. 2017. Preventive Effect and Mode of Action of Repetitive Hot Water Spraying against Powdery Mildew in Strawberry. Hort. J. Preview. doi: 10.2503/hortj.OKD-085
- Tri Maryono, Widiastuti, A. Priyatmojo. 2017. Sugarcane Root and Basal Stem Rot Disease in South Sumatera. J. Phytop. Ind. Volume 13, Nomor 2: 67 – 71.
- Danar Wicaksono, A. Wibowo, & Widiastuti. 2017. Isolation Method of Pyricularia oryzae Rice Blast Disease Causal Agent. J. HPT Tropika. Vol. 17, No. 1: 62 – 69.
- Kurnia Ritma Dhanti, Ani Widiastuti, and Tri Joko. 2017. Detection of Mycotoxin-Encoding Genes in Fusarium spp. Isolated from Maize Kernels in Indonesia. Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Tropical Agriculture. Springer International Publishing. Switzerland: 117 – 123.
- Lili Asmawati, Ani Widiastuti, and Christanti Sumardiyono. 2017. Induction of Reactive Oxygen Species by Trichoderma spp. Against Downy Mildew in Maize. Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Tropical Agriculture. Springer International Publishing. Switzerland: 139 – 146.
- Amarilisa Kusuma, Ani Widiastuti, and Achmadi Priyatmojo. 2017. Induction of Resistance Using Trichoderma spp. and Penicillium sp. against Banded Leaf and Sheath Blight (BLSB) Caused by Rhizoctonia solani in Maize. Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Tropical Agriculture. Springer International Publishing. Switzerland: 3 – 11.
- Danar Wicaksono, Arif Wibowo, and Ani Widiastuti. 2017. Genetic Diversity of Pyricularia oryzae, the Causal Agent of Rice Blast Disease, Based on Repetitive Element–Based Polymerase Chain Reaction. Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Tropical Agriculture. Springer International Publishing. Switzerland: 41 – 47.
- Eguchi, Y. Widiastuti, H. Odani, Y.D. Chinta, M. Shinohara, H. Misu, H. Kamoda, T. Watanabe, M. Hasegawa, T. Sato. 2016. Identification of terpenoids volatilized from Thymus vulgaris L. by heat treatment and their in vitro antimicrobial activity. and Mol. of Plant Pathol. 94 : 83 – 89.
- Chinta, Y.D., Y. Eguchi, Widiastuti, Shinohara, T. Sato. 2015. Organic hydroponics induces systemic resistance against the air-borne pathogen, Botrytis cinerea (gray mould). Journal of Plant Interactions, 10:1, 243-251, DOI: 10.1080/17429145.2015.1068959
- Widiastuti A., O.H. Ningtyas, A. Priyatmojo. 2015. Identification of fungus causing postharvest disease on several fruits in Yogyakarta. J Fitop. Indon. Vol 11 No. 3. 2015 (in Indonesian Language)
- Chinta, Y.D., K. Kano, Widiastuti, M. Fukahori, S. Kawasaki,Y. Eguchi, H. Misu, H. Odani, S. Zhou, K. Narisawa, K. Fujiwara, M. Shinohara, T. Sato. 2014. Effect of corn steep liquor on lettuce root rot (Fusarium oxysporum sp. lactucae) in hydroponic cultures. J Sci. Food Agric. (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI 10.1002/jsfa.6561
- Widiastuti A., M. Yoshino, H. Saito, K. Maejima, S. Zhou, H. Odani, K. Narisawa, M. Hasegawa, Y. Nitta, Sato. 2013. Heat shock-induced resistance in strawberry against crown rot fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. and Mol. of Plant Pathol. 84 : 86 – 91.
- Widiastuti,M Yoshino, M Hasegawa, Y Nitta. T Sato. 2013. Heat shock-induced resistance increases chitinase-1 gene expression and stimulates salicylic acid production in melon (Cucumis melo). Physiol. and Mol. of Plant Pathol. 82 (2): 51 – 55.
- Widiastuti A., Yoshino, H. Saito, K. Maejima, S. Zhou, H. Odani, M. Hasegawa, Y. Nitta, & T. Sato. 2011. Induction of disease resistance against Botrytis cinereaby heat shock treatment in melon (Cucumis melo). Physiol. and Mol. of Plant Pathol. 75 (4): 157 – 162.
- Shiobara, Y. M. Yoshino, A. Uragami, Widiastuti, A. Omori, K. Kuba. H. Saito, Y. Hirata. T. Sonoda, T. Koizumi & T. Sato. 2011. Sex Distinction of Asparagus by Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification and Observation of Seedling Phenotypes. 177: 91 – 97.
- Sasaki, K., Widiastuti, M. Hasegawa, H. Toshima & T. Sato. 2009. Induction of Antrachnose Resistance by Hot Water Treatment in Strawberry Leaves. Regulation of Plant Growth & Development. Vol 44. Suplement 2009.
- Sumardiyono, C., S. K. Harjono, P. Yudono & Widiastuti, Inventarization of Wheat Diseases at Several Crop Locations in Central Java. Indon. J. of Phytopathology. Vol. 6(2):59 – 64. (In Indonesian language and abstract in English).
Articles presented at seminar/conference
- Oral presentation
- Widiastuti, A. Mechanism, Potency and Practical Application of Heat Shock-Induced Resistance. Japan Interational Young Agricultural Researcher. October 2015. UN University, Japan.
- Widiastuti, A.Wibowo, Y.D. Chinta, Y. Nitta and T. Sato. 2013. Leaf necrotic and head blight of sweet sorghum caused by Fusarium proliferatum and incarnatum in Indonesia. National Congress of Indonesia Phytopathological Soc. XXII. Padang, Indonesia.
- Widiastuti, A. Wibowo, Y.D. Chinta, A. Furutani. Y. Nitta and T. Sato. 2013. First Report of fungal plant diseases of sweet sorghum [Sorghum bicolor(L.) Moench] in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Proceeding of the 9thInternational Student Conference at Ibaraki Univ.(ISCIU 9). Ibaraki, Nov, 30 – Dec. 1.
- Wicaksono, D. and Widiastuti,Universitas Gadjah Mada students develop sustainable agriculture by KKN PPM. Proceeding of the 9th International Student Conference at Ibaraki Univ.(ISCIU 9). Ibaraki, Nov, 30 – Dec. 1.
- Widiastuti, A. 2012. Mechanism and utilization of induced resistance by heat shock in melon and cucumber. Cucurbit Working Group Meeting. Japanese Soc. For Horticultural Sci. March 27th. Osaka prefectural Osaka. Japan.
- Widiastuti, A. M. Yoshino, Y. Nitta & T. Sato. 2010. Effect of Heat Shock Treatment against Grey Mold Disease in Cucumis melo.Proceeding of the 6th International Student Conference at Ibaraki Univ.(ISCIU 6). Ibaraki, Nov, 13th – 14th. p. 137 – 138.
- Odani, A. Widiastuti, K. Sasaki. M. Hasegawa & T. Sato. A Retrieval of Antimicrobial Substance Produced on Strawberry Leaves after Heat Shock Treatment. 2010. Proceeding of the 6thInternational Student Conference at Ibaraki Univ.(ISCIU 6). Ibaraki, Nov, 13th – 14th. p. 139 – 140.
- Widiastuti, A. & Priyatmojo. 2006. Inventory of Diseases of Jatropha curcas in Banguntapan, Bantul, Jogjakarta, Indonesia. Proceeding of National Seminar Research Results in Lustrum XII Fac. of Agriculture Gadjah Mada University (In Indonesian language), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, Sept 15th: 17 – 21.
- Poster presentation
- Widiastuti, A. International Collaboration on Field Agriculture in Education and Research. 26 July. Ibaraki University. Japan
- Widiastuti, A., Sato. 2018. Introduction of Heat Shock against Crown Rot Disease and Powdery Mildew in Strawberry. Japan-China-Korea strawberrysymposium. 13 February. Nagoya.
- Widiastuti, A.Fruit rot disease caused by Lasiodiplodia on several post harvest fruits in Indonesia. International Conference of Tropical Horticulture, Yogyakarta Oct 2 – 4.
- Widiastuti, A., Yoshino, S. Zhou, H. Odani, M. Hasegawa, Y. Nitta, & T. Sato. 2011. Effect of Heat Shock Treatment in Inducing Melon Plant Resistance against Botrytis cinerea.Proceeding of International Conference in PR-Protein and Induced Resistance against Pathogens and Insects. Neuchatel, Switzerland. September 4th – 8th. Abstr p 137
- Widiastuti, A., M. Yoshino, H. Saito, K. Maejima, S. Zhou, Y. Nitta & Sato. 2010. A Systemic resistance induced by heat shock treatment in strawberry. Proceeding of Japan Society for Horticultural Science Symposium. Oita. Sept. 19th– 20th. p. 502.
- Maejima, K. H. Saito, Widiastuti, M. Yoshino, S. Zhou. & T. Sato. 2010. The Effect of Hot Water Spraying for Plant Growth and Powdery Mildew in Strawberry. Proceeding of Japan Society for Horticultural Science Symposium. Oita. Sept. 19th– 20th. p. 501.
- Yoshino, M., Widiastuti,Sato, T. 2010. A Practical Technique of Inducing Disease Resistance in Cucumber using Heat Shock. Proceeding of 28th International Horticultural Congress. Lisboa, Portugal, Aug, 22nd – 27th. p 205: T09.207
- Sato, T., Yoshino, M., Widiastuti, 2010. A Mechanism and Application of Disease Resistance Induced by Heat Shock. Proceeding of 28thInternational Horticultural Congress. Lisboa, Portugal, Aug, 22nd – 27th. p 195: T09.010.
- Widiastuti, A. K. Sasaki, M. Yoshino, H. Saito, M. Hasegawa, K. Narisawa, Y. Nitta & T. Sato. 2010. Induced Resistance against Crown Rot Disease in Strawberry by Hot Water Treatment. Proceeding of Annual Meeting of The Phytopathological Society of Japan. Kyoto, April 18th– 20th. p.175: P2-065.
- Widiastuti, A., M.Yoshino, H. Saito, K. Kuba, K. Takada, Y. Nitta & T. Sato. 2009. The Effect of Hot Water Treatment against Grey Mold (Botrytis cinerea) in Strawberry. Proceeding of Japan Society for Horticultural Science Symposium. Akita. Sept, 26th– 28th. p. 507.
- Saito, H., Widiastuti, M. Yoshino, K. Shimamoto, T. Ogawara, K. Takada, K. Hirano, T. Yoshimura & T. Sato. 2009. The Effect of Hot Water Spraying for Plant Growth and Powdery Mildew in Strawberry. Proceeding of Japan Society for Horticultural Science Symposium. Akita. Sept. 26th– 28th. p. 506.
- Yoshino, M. H. Saito, Widiastuti, K. Takada, M. Hasegawa & T. Sato. 2009. Development of a Hot Water Sprayer for Inducing Disease Resistance in Crops. Proceeding of Japan Society for Horticultural Science Symposium. Akita. Sept. 26th– 28th. p. 503.
- Widiastuti, A., W. P. Budiarty, A. B. Pustika, M. E. Purwanto & C. Sholihah, 2007. Critical Period of Fruits of Some Tomato Varieties Toward Alternaria solani. Proceeding of The 3rd Asian Conference of Plant P Fac. of Agric. GMU, Indonesia. Aug. 20th – 24th: 313-314.
On going Research :
Elucidation of a Novel Mechanism of Plant Disease Resistance Induced by Heat Shock (Kakenhi, Japan)
- Elucidation of a Novel Mechanism of Plant Disease Resistance Induced by Heat Shock (Kakenhi Japan and Ibaraki University Japan, 2017 – 2018)
- Training of advanced cultivation technique of healthy strawberry seedlings in Java Indonesia (Mito Nishi Rotary 2820, Ibaraki University Japan, Jenderal Soedirman University Indonesia)